Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Recipe // Apple Strudel Muffins.


Yes, I baked. This was my first attempt at baking something on my own. Was I successful? Oh yes! Yes, yes, yes!! I was pretty stoked!

Ingredients

2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup shredded apple
1/2 cup chopped apple
2-3 tbsp apple sauce

1/3 cup packed brown sugar
1 tbsp all-purpose flour
1/8 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tbsp butter

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.

2. In a medium bowl, mix flour, ground cinnamon, nutmeg, baking powder, baking soda and salt.

3. In a large bowl, beat together butter, sugar and eggs until smooth. Mix in vanilla and apple sauce. Stir in apples, and gradually blend in the flour mixture. Spoon the mixture into the prepared muffin pan.

4. In a small bowl, mix brown sugar, flour and cinnamon. Cut in butter until mixture is like coarse crumbs. Sprinkle over tops of mixture in muffin pan.

5. Bake 20-25 minutes in the preheated oven, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean. Allow to sit 5 minutes before removing muffins from pan. Cool on a wire rack.

Recipe adapted from allrecipes.com.


I did make a few minor adjustments based on the recipe's reviews, and I am sure glad that I did because these muffins turned out perfectly. I will admit that the boyfriend was a lot a little skeptical about me baking, but he was very impressed with how well they turned out. The recipe made 12 muffins, we only have 7 left - and I only made them yesterday afternoon! 

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. They are very delicious! So delicious that I just made another 12 muffins today :)

      Delete