Sunday, October 13, 2013

My Favorite 'Things' about Thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving weekend to all my fellow Canadian blogger friends! Thanksgiving has always held a special spot in my heart - delicious food, family and friends. This year, things are a little different - I am still recovering from the stomach flu and don't have much of an appetite, my boyfriend is out of town (insert sad face) and my Nana is in the hospital. Trying to keep my spirits high, I have compiled a few of my favorite 'things' about Thanksgiving! 

1. Traditional turkey dinner ... so delicious! Unfortunately we don't get to have our turkey dinner until next weekend, but we did enjoy some delicious turkey sandwiches this evening. I cannot wait until next weekend's dinner ... turkey, potatoes, gravy and cranberries! 


2. Give thanks. Thanksgiving is the perfect time to take a moment and give thanks. It's a time to be grateful for one's health, family, friends, job, home and having food on the table.


3. Decorations! Now that I have a place of my own, I really need to get organized in the decorations department for the holiday's. I absolutely adore these pumpkin and squash decorations. Hopefully next year! 

via / via

4. Last, but not least, dessert. All I have to say is yum, yum, yum!!! Apple pie is my personal favorite!


What are a few of your favorite things about Thanksgiving? 

2 comments: