Thursday, October 31, 2013

Four Simple Goals...Before 2014!


Back in January, I posted 4 priorities that I had wanted to really focus on in 2013. The year is almost over and I wasn't as successful as I had hoped. To be honest, I am not surprised that I didn't follow through with them. My intentions were good, but life always has a way of taking over (working six days a week) and its easy to loose focus. 

When I saw this post over at A Beautiful Mess blog, I really wanted to set 4 simple goals for myself to accomplish for the remainder of this year. Sounds simple, I hope?! Anyways, the rules are quite simple and can be found here, but I have summarized them below:
1. Choose simple goals that will make your life richer/happier on a daily basis. 
2. Do not choose result oriented goals. 
3. Choose personal goals you believe will make your life richer just by doing them! 
4. Choose a reward for each goal as it is accomplished! 
5. Blog about your goals, each one as you achieve it and a big post when they are all finished before the new year!

Now that I have a little more time for myself, I really want to get back into doing things that I enjoy and that will make me happier, and healthier! What are you goals that you want to accomplish before the year is over? 

16 comments:

  1. It is good to have goals and they don't have to be life changing or even difficult.
    Patty at Home and Lifestyle Design

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. I personally find if they are simple and realistic, I have a better chance of achieving them.

      Delete
  2. I like this idea! I would like to unplug more, drink more tea & spend more quality time with family/friends.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to unplug more too! In the evenings, before bed, I try to stay away from technology, even if its just for 30 minutes. Otherwise, I am wired and can't get to sleep lol :)

      Delete
  3. I'm making a list, too, just like this. Increase water intake is also part of my list. I'd probably include finish reading Dan Brown Inferno and Revenge Wears Prada books. Your blog is amazing!

    Audrey
    www.audreyisms.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Drinking more water is always a good thing! Thanks Audrey :)

      Delete
  4. Those are great goals! I really need to find a way to simplify and narrow down my goals.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kenzie! I find by starting really small and basic, that's the only way (for me at least)!!

      Delete
  5. i love these goals they are simple and perfect for the end of the year! i may have to do a similar post :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Britta! I will have to check out your goals tomorrow!!!

      Delete
  6. Good luck with your goals, hun!
    The Happiness Project is a great book. It's a little slow, but I took away a lot from it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I took so much away from what I had initially read too! Maybe I should get off this computer and go read before bed!!

      Delete
  7. I think it's great you're making goals! And these are simple and realistic! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Even though they are simple goals, the tough part is turning a few of them into habits (ie. drinking water).

      Delete
  8. This is so great! I love how you outlined the rules and I think a reward for each goal is awesome to include. I've kind of lost sight of my 2013 goals and it's a little hard. But I hope to get back to them soon!

    xo, gina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I completely lost sight of my 2013 goals several months ago. My intentions were good, but its really tough! I am hoping by keeping these ones super simple, I will accomplish them. The toughest one is going to be the water I think, I hate water! :) Good luck with your goals!

      Delete