If you asked me ten years ago, I would tell you that I loved Halloween. To prove it, one year, I temporarily dyed my blond hair purple for my costume (I think I was a fairy). Looking back, it was a horrible idea because it didn't wash out (blond + purple = pink) and I had to dye my hair back to my natural colour!
Since that year, I haven't really been that into celebrating Halloween. It's not that I hate it, because I don't, I just couldn't be bothered to go all out for it any more. A few years ago we carved pumpkins - it was fun doing it together, as a couple, but it was a lot of effort and we haven't done it since. For a few years, we have even gone up to my parents house to spend it with them, hand out Halloween candy and to eat Halloween candy. Yumm!
This year, you couldn't pay me to leave our apartment to go out and do anything. I blame it on being tired and still not feeling 100%. Here is my top five list of things I would rather be doing than celebrating Halloween:
1. Watching television. I made the mistake of getting into a few new tv shows over the summer and now have 3-5 shows a night to watch. I am having a tough time keeping up with all of them.
2. Spending some quality time with the boyfriend. *wink wink*
3. Baking more apple strudel muffins. Seriously, these muffins are amazing and I have a feeling they aren't going to last much longer. We're averaging two each per day, I only made twelve.
4. Blogging. I have so many ideas, a lot of blog post drafts and a couple of blog designs that I need to start working on. Now that I have some more free time these days, I can start making these things happen.
5. Going to bed early. I been working six days a week for the past two years, I am tired and have a lot of sleep to catch up on!
What would you rather be doing than celebrating Halloween?
Linking up with Living in Yellow.