Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Back to basics.


back-to-ba•sics

—adj.
1. stressing simplicity and adherence to fundamental principles: The movement suggests a back-to-basics approach to living for those whose lives have become complicated. 
Source.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have been doing a lot of thinking lately ... about life, what I want, what I want to do and accomplish, etc  ... and after reading On Who I Am Becoming from Erin and The Back Story on the Front Story from Katie this evening, it dawned on me that maybe I need to refocus a few aspects of my life, go back-to-basics.

Food ... I think its time to buckle down and start eating healthier. Hello Paleo! If that's not back to basics, I don't know what is. I am tired of feeling like crap. I know my health would also hugely benefit from eating healthier. I know this change isn't going to happen over night, but going forward, I want to start making healthier food choices. 

Fitness ... Exercise and I have this love-hate relationship. It doesn't help that I keep injuring myself and my poor right foot has taken quite the beating this summer from my carelessness. Without going into too much detail, I was drying off from my shower, looking at my hips and waist in the mirror, and was quite disappointed in myself for letting myself get to this point. I wouldn't say that I am overweight, but currently there is a little extra cushion which I would really love to ditch sooner than later. Maybe I should attempt the 30-day shred again ... third time is a charm?! 

Health ... If I can simplify my diet and start exercising again, I know my health will improve greatly! Also if I can do something about my work schedule, I think that would be HUGE. 

Work ... Now this is a tough one and will require some serious thinking - do I want to keep doing what I am doing, or do I want to pursue another avenue? I don't really know what I want to do, career wise, but what I do know is that I am tired of working two jobs, six days/week! I will more than likely continue this work schedule until the end of the year, but I need to figure out a new plan and actually do something about work. Less work and more money!

Now the tough part ... making some positive changes and sticking with them!

8 comments:

  1. I am starting the Whole30 diet. Today is day two. Talk about back to basics!! Good luck figuring out your own plan :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have never heard of that, will have to look into it! Good luck!

      Delete
  2. I think work is the hardest to simplify. Good luck with all of it though. baby steps!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It definitely is! I am hoping the work thing will sort itself out in the near future! Baby steps for sure! :)

      Delete
  3. eating healthier has been a goal of mine for some time now! good luck with your goals :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far, its easier said than done!! lol ... gotta eat up all the "bad" food in the house and start bringing in "good" food!

      Delete
  4. I've been working on this lately too! Minus the exercise thing. Good luck & keep us posted :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Janelle! I need all the luck I can get :)

      Delete