Sunday, February 17, 2013

This Week for Dinner.

This past week has come and gone way too quickly. Monday was a STAT holiday, so we decided to bring out the slow cooker and cook some french onion soup, recipe here. Even though it was our first attempt at cooking it, it turned out perfectly.


I didn't realize this until typing up my weekly meal plan this evening, but for the past few nights, all we have been eating is pasta, pasta, and more pasta! Last week's mac & cheese was so delicious that I decided we should have it again this week, but with caesar salad. I love the taste of the two of them together on the same plate. 

+ Monday: French onion soup & caesar salad 

+ Tuesday: Leftovers: soup

+ Wednesday: Pesto pasta

+ Thursday: Leftovers: pasta

+ Friday: Mac and Cheese & caesar salad

+ Saturday: Beef stroganoff & caesar salad 

+ Sunday: Tomato soup and biscuits, & leftover stroganoff

Maybe next week we'll make some more exciting meals, but I suspect the first few days will consist of leftovers as we still have soup and pesto sauce left. What did you make for dinner's this past week? Try any new and delicious recipes? 

8 comments:

  1. this looks like a GREAT menu!!
    want to make some extras and ship it to me!?! LoL


    http://mscomposure.blogspot.com
    http://www.infinitelifefitness.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I wish we had some extras, but they are now all GONE! Yummm!

      Delete
  2. I cleared out all the brown bananas I had in the freezer, and ended up making enough banana bread to last for months!

    New follower from 'Thee Networking' Blog hop. I look forward to reading your blog :D

    www.iknowallthewords.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We've been meaning to do the same thing, way too many banana's in the freezer right now lol. Thanks for stopping by and following :)

      Delete
  3. I'm comin' over for dinner, ha ha! I promise to let you hold my super cute baby if you feed me ;)
    I try to limit our pasta dinners to 1 a week (because we always have left overs, so we really eat it like 3 times a week) but it's so hard!! We LOVE pasta and it seems like every recipe I want to make has pasta :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Deal! We have the same problem, its such an easy meal, but you can do so many different things with it. Tomorrow, we're making chicken Alfredo pizza, mmmm! Loving your blog, now following you via GFC and Bloglovin :)

      Delete
  4. I never do a week cooking plan, I just keep telling myself that i should... I'm linking up from Tuesday Tango and following via Fb and Gfc and Bloglovin.
    Nice to meet you! Coco
    International giveaway up http://www.pinktopping.blogspot.it/2013/02/international-giveaway-time-watch-out.html please support me by entering and sharing, thanks xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find having a weekly plan helps to make the week run a little more smoothly, plus a few less trips to the grocery store. Though, we normally end up at the store at least a second time during the week because we've forgotten something. Plus planning helps minimize wasting food.

      Thanks for stopping by and following! Hope you're having a great week!

      Delete