Friday, February 1, 2013

February's Resolutions.


At the beginning of January, I started reading The Happiness Project . Even though I am only four chapters in (yes, I am a slow reader; it's because I only read before bed time), I am absolutely loving this book! If you haven't already read it, I highly recommend that you do!

A big reason why I bought this book was because I wasn't feeling as happy as I used to. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy, but I have been letting the stress of work and whatnot get the best of me. In January, I decided it was time for change, so I started making a lot of effort to do things for me. Such as, going to bed earlier and getting 8+ hours of sleep. As well, I have started to clean different areas of our apartment that had been driving me nuts!

In an attempt to follow through with my resolutions, I made sure I was very realistic with them and didn't aim for the impossible. I can have a short attention span, so baby steps. One month in, and I am already noticing a huge difference. To continue with my own happiness project in February, I have added a few new resolutions to my list: 

- continue to get a minimum eight hours of sleep each night (it's amazing the difference a good night's sleep makes!)

- continue to clean the condo (we are about 40-percent done)

- continue to enforce our new one minute rule (if something takes less than one minute to put away, for example, we have to do it instead of leaving it for later)

- get started on an exercise plan (i want to try yoga, and re-start the 30-day shred) *new

- start drinking more water and ginger tea per day (and less coke) *new

Do you have any goals/resolutions this month?

No comments:

Post a Comment