Thursday, August 2, 2012

New home. New furniture.


As of August 1, I have officially moved out of my parents home. Exciting but scary at the same time. 

Last weekend my parents took us out to Ikea to purchase a few new bedroom items. I already had a few items, but wanted to complete the set. Unfortunately, when we got home, we realized they had changed the color on us. Not surprised, but not impressed.

Tuesday afternoon we decided to up my vehicle with our purchases and return them so that we could buy something else. After much debate on color and what bedroom set to purchase, the boyfriend and I decided to get a new bed frame, dresser and two bed-side tables. Even though it cost me quite a few pennies, I am really happy with the color we picked. I love black! 

Last night we decided it would be fun to build the dresser. Initially, it was fun building it together, but it took FOREVER. Finally at 12:00 am I went to bed and was woken up around 1:00 am to him telling me he had finished it. Thanks D, it looks awesome!!

Now we are thinking about changing the layout of the entire bedroom. Its a lot of work, but I am loving the fact that he is so into this. This weekend is going to be super busy with re-organizing and unpacking. We're also getting a new mattress delivered. I spent nearly $1000 on it, so it better be good. Has any one purchased a Kingsdown mattress before? We really liked it at the store, but when we got home and read reviews on it, we weren't too impressed. I do realize a lot of those reviews were from a few years ago and were probably different models, but it still concerns me. 

Happy weekend everyone! 

No comments:

Post a Comment