4 skin-on boneless chicken breasts
1 tbsp olive oil
1/2 cup minced shallots
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 tsp each, salt, pepper
1 tbsp fresh chopped oregano
2 tsp lemon zest
1/2 cup goat feta cheese
4 thin slices lemon
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. Gently slide your fingers in between the skin and the breast meat of each chicken breast to make a space but not detaching from one side of the breast (it will open like a flap). Set aside.
3. In skillet, heat oil over medium high heat. Cook shallots until tender and golden, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook one minute. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, oregano and lemon zest and let cool completely. Stir in feta.
4. Divide the feta mixture over each chicken breast, under the skin, pulling skin over the filling, pressing gently to even out filling and secure skin. Sprinkle with remaining salt and pepper. Top each with a slice of lemon.
5. Roast for 30 to 35 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
6. Rest for 5 minutes before serving.
Yum, yum, yum! I love goat cheese and I love chicken, add them together, delicious! I found this recipe from the Ontario Goat Cheese website and made it for dinner tonight. It took a little time to prepare it all, but was well worth the time spent!!