Monday, August 27, 2012

10 Day Challenge // Eight Fears.

It's that time again for the 10 Day Challenge. This week, eight fears.

1. Earthquakes. I don't think I need to say too much about this fear. We are long overdue for "the big one" -- living in a condo, second floor from the top, I know we are hooped if there is ever a large earthquake. 

2. Failure. I know I have posted about this before, but for as long as I can remember, I have had this fear of failure. I hate it, it sucks!


3. I hate being outside in the dark, it really makes me nervous.

4. Now that I live in an apartment, with fobs, etc, the likelihood of an intruder in our home is slim. When I was living at home, there was a large window near my bed. Anytime I saw the motion light turn on, the first thing that popped into my head was that it was somebody wanting to break into the house. I also used to have this reoccurring dream of my dad's old house being broken into while I was in it, alone.

5. Both my father and my boyfriend are cancer survivors, and I hope neither of them have to deal with it again in their lives. I have my father's skin, so in the back of my mind, I know its something that I have to be very careful of.

6. Growing old, alone. My parents are divorced, my mom re-married but my dad is still single. He is an amazing guy, and I always feel bad that he has not found somebody to share his life with.

7. Getting old. The older I get, the quicker time goes. I don't like it.

8. Every so often, I have this reoccurring dream of very, very large wave(s) coming into the city. In my dream, I can see it coming and there is this rush to get into this large concrete building of some sort before the waves hits. This fear would probably only happen if there was a very large earthquake. Crap!

14 comments:

  1. Hello :)

    Stopping by from the GFC blog hop today! Hope you are haveing a great week so far.

    I´m a new follower!

    Smooches from Germany,
    Anni // http://grapefruitprincess.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Thanks for stopping by my blog with the comment and follow :) I see you've created your own blog design and I love it! Simplicity is so me. Looking forward to following along with you as well.

    K
    http://nuggetonabudget.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah I agree with you on the intruders, cancer, and getting old for sure! I am slightly more fearful of my parents getting older rather than me, but it all still stinks! Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i am scared of intruders,etc too!

    cute blog you have :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dark makes me nervous too. I live on the East Coast so we don't really have earthquakes...we had one last year. They are scary. I have a few of the same fears you do. Glad your doing the YOU challenge. We are already connected. Have an awesome day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah your not the only one...i fear failure too....i have skills im really good at, that i know i can do....but im nervous about freelancing them out in case someone doesnt like what i do!! I think its the perfectionist in me.....im slowly getting through it though...but very frustrating!!

    By the way Found your blog via the Wonderful wednesday link party...have followed xx
    http://toxylicious.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. The fear of failure made my list too.
    your blog is so pretty with the pictures!
    loved reading it.

    pay me a visit @ www.roothless-xo.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've never felt an earthquake, but I'm pretty sure that it would be rather terrifying/disorienting. I have run from a tsunami though, that is scary.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have only felt an earthquake once, it was scary but was only a small once. We had one last September but I didn't feel it because my office was on the water. I couldn't imagine running from a tsunami, that would be really terrifying!

      Delete
  9. I fear failure as well :(.Newest follower from the GFC link up party today! What a great blog so excited to have found you!!
    Follow back if ya get a chance :)
    xox
    Ash@ABpetite
    http://abpetite.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ash! Love your blog, look forward to trying some of the recipes you have shared.

      Delete
  10. Thanks so much for linking up! I'm scared of getting older too--all the health problems that can come along with it suck. But I guess getting older is better than the alternative.

    ReplyDelete
  11. #8...aaaahhhh!!!!!! Totally feel you on that one!!!

    ~ Lauren

    http://meandmybeautifulmess.blogspot.com/2012/08/8-fears.html

    ReplyDelete