It's that time again for the 10 Day Challenge. This week, eight fears.
1. Earthquakes. I don't think I need to say too much about this fear. We are long overdue for "the big one" -- living in a condo, second floor from the top, I know we are hooped if there is ever a large earthquake.
2. Failure. I know I have posted about this before, but for as long as I can remember, I have had this fear of failure. I hate it, it sucks!
3. I hate being outside in the dark, it really makes me nervous.
4. Now that I live in an apartment, with fobs, etc, the likelihood of an intruder in our home is slim. When I was living at home, there was a large window near my bed. Anytime I saw the motion light turn on, the first thing that popped into my head was that it was somebody wanting to break into the house. I also used to have this reoccurring dream of my dad's old house being broken into while I was in it, alone.
5. Both my father and my boyfriend are cancer survivors, and I hope neither of them have to deal with it again in their lives. I have my father's skin, so in the back of my mind, I know its something that I have to be very careful of.
6. Growing old, alone. My parents are divorced, my mom re-married but my dad is still single. He is an amazing guy, and I always feel bad that he has not found somebody to share his life with.
7. Getting old. The older I get, the quicker time goes. I don't like it.
8. Every so often, I have this reoccurring dream of very, very large wave(s) coming into the city. In my dream, I can see it coming and there is this rush to get into this large concrete building of some sort before the waves hits. This fear would probably only happen if there was a very large earthquake. Crap!