Saturday, August 11, 2012

Decisions.

I need a new laptop...!

As much as I would love to purchase the new Macbook Pro with retina display, I don't need it. I am not familiar with the Mac operating system, neither is the boyfriend. Right now, it seems silly to spend close to $3000 on it when I don't think I would fully utilize it. I could, however, install Windows onto it and have the option to boot into Windows, but that kinda seems silly and a waste of money.

So I have narrowed my decision down to either the Asus N Series or the new Dell XPS. I've never been a huge fan of Dell, so I am leaning more towards Asus. 

Asus has two N series laptops available {here}, a 15.6" and a 17" -- I am learning towards the 17" because it has a larger hard drive and larger screen (I want to be able to edit my photos in photoshop and be able to show all the different options, etc). Besides moving it around in the apartment, being portable isn't a huge concern. I also have the new iPad to take with me if I go on holidays, so it really doesn't have to leave the apartment, ever.  Does anyone else have a 17" laptop? Is it too big? Thoughts? 

Hope everyone is having a great weekend! 

No comments:

Post a Comment