1/3 cup vegetable oil
3 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice (from about 1-2 lemons)
1 1/2 tbsp soy sauce
1 clove garlic, finely minced
1/2 tsp dried oregano
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
2-4 chicken breasts
1. Combine all ingredients except chicken in a mixing bowl.
2. Whisk until the marinade is well mixed and add the chicken breasts to the bowl so that they are covered by the marinade.
3. Cover the bowl tightly with plastic wrap, refrigerate and marinate up to 10 hours (I would suggest marinading for at least 3 hours at the minimum).
4. Preheat a gas or charcoal grill to medium heat. Grill the chicken for 6-7 minutes per side, until the chicken is no longer pink in the center (if you have a meat thermometer, the chicken should register 165 degrees). Tent with foil and let the chicken rest for about five minutes before serving.
5. Alternately, the chicken can be baked. Preheat the oven to 350° F. Place the chicken breasts in a baking dish and pour the excess marinade over them. Bake in the oven until cooked through and the internal temperature reaches 165° F, about 45 minutes. Remove from the oven and let rest for 5 minutes before serving.
I love this marinade, so simple to prepare and very delicious! I ended up baking the chicken because we don't have any propane for the BBQ right now and it turned out really good. I found this recipe from Mel's Kitchen Cafe; she has some really delicious looking recipes that I have bookmarked and must try!