Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Why You Should Drink Warm Water & Lemon.


I am always looking for new tips/advise to live a healthier lifestyle. I have my fair share of health issues and if I know its important to start taking better care of myself.

My boyfriends mom recently introduced me to MindBodyGreen.com -- I don't know how I haven't heard of this website before because its absolutely amazing. There are so many great articles to read. 

I always have enjoyed drinking lemon water, but never gave too much thought about drinking warm water and lemon. I recently stumbled upon the following article: Why You Should Drink Warm Water & Lemon. As the article suggests, if you can only make time for one ritual that will improve your health, let it be this..... start the day out with a mug of warm water and the juice of half a lemon

Warm water and fresh lemon juice -- it sounds too simple and the health benefits are too good to ignore. 
  1. Boosts you're immune system.
  2. Balances pH.
  3. Helps with weight loss.
  4. Aids digestion.
  5. Acts as a gentle, natural diuretic. 
  6. Clears skin.
  7. Hydrates the lymph system. 
To read more about the health benefits, head over to the full article here.  

Do you have any daily healthy rituals? I recently found out that I have this nodule (??) on my thyroid, so this past week or so, I haven't been feeling very energetic. I'm now determined to find some natural remedies to help me feel less tired, etc. 

11 comments:

  1. I never knew that lemon water can help with skin! I found you from bloghop:) Great work!

    xoxo-Laila

    http://townhousepalette.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow such an easy thing to do and it has so many benefits. Thanks for sharing! Popping over from the GFC blog hop.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't lemon water great! I do have to force myself to drink it though and have been slack lately! Will have to get back into it ASAP!
    I am popping in from the Blog Hop and have enjoyed looking at some of your past posts! I love your Motivational Monday posts cos lets face it Mondays can suck!
    Look forward to seeing more.

    Amy
    dreaming ishingdoing.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lemon water is so easy to prepare, yet I find myself always slacking. Glad you enjoy my motivational mondays -- I love finding and sharing new quotes.

      Delete
  4. I need to start drinking this! I am trying to lose a little bit of weight and due to that, I had to stop drinking my Starbucks in the morning. This seems like it would be so much better (and I'm sure it's much healthier than a 3-drink a day caffeine addiction)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to start drinking this regularly as well, even just plain cold water with some lemon. I have a bad coca cola addiction which I would love to kick.

      Delete
  5. great post and such an amazing tip, i had no idea that drinking something so simple could have so many health benefits :) lovely blog by the way, i'm now following you! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't either until I read it. Thanks for following!! :)

      Delete
  6. Great Blog...New follower from the Hop!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I drink that when my throat hurts, and it helps!
    Cute blog, btw ;)

    Makeup by Rachel

    ReplyDelete