1 pound ground sirloin
1/4 cup minced fresh onion
2 tablespoons dry breadcrumbs
1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 large egg white, lightly beaten
1 (796 ml) can crushed tomatoes
1/2 minced fresh onion
2 cloves of garlic, diced
1 can tomato paste
5 cups hot cooked spaghetti (about 8 ounces uncooked pasta)
5 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
1. Saute 1/2 minced fresh onion and 2 cloves of garlic, diced.
2. Add 1 can of crushed tomatoes and 1 can of tomato paste to onions and garlic.
3. Let sauce simmer on medium to low heat.
4. Combine the first 6 ingredients and 2 tablespoons of pasta sauce in a medium bowl.
5. Shape the meat mixture into 25 (1-inch) meatballs.
6. Place a large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Add the meatballs, and cook approx 6 - 10 minutes, browning on all sides.
6. Add cooked meatballs to simmering pasta sauce.
7. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 30 minutes or until the meatballs are done, stirring occasionally.
8. Serve the meatballs over spaghetti, and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
Spaghetti and meatballs is probably one of our most favorite meals. I originally found this recipe from myrecipes.com, but have altered it a little bit. I find that starting the sauce first and allowing it to simmer for longer, it tastes a lot better. I also like to add a splash or two of red wine, and a few pinches of Italian seasoning to the sauce mixture. Yum!