Thursday, June 27, 2013

Are We Meant to Meet the People We Meet?

I have been contemplating a lot of things lately. Perhaps because I am going to be thirty-years old in six months. There is still so much I feel like I should accomplish before I hit this milestone and I am no where near close. I can blame a few things on the economy sucking and making it harder than ever to find a well-paying job. I can also blame myself for almost everything else that I am not happy about or haven't accomplish. 


Anyways, before I get too far off topic, I found this great article from the MindBody Green website and it really grabbed my attention, and made me think about the people in my life. Over the years, I have had a lot of people come and go out of my life, especially after college. I have also had a few people re-enter my life!

Until today, I have never really put much weight on those people coming in and out of my life. I am a firm believer of everything happens for a reason, so for me, I think yes -- we are meant to meet the people we meet. 

Are we destined to meet the people we meet?

Yes

I know we are.

Every person we meet, we are meant to meet. No matter how long they stay in our lives.

Every person has something to teach us. Whether they stay for an hour, a day, or 10 years, they are there for the right amount of time. That amount of time is simply how long it takes you to learn the soul lesson. There are 6 billion people in this world, nothing is an accident.

If the experience seems negative, and this certain person really irritates you, or you feel like you cannot connect to someone, that experience presents itself in your journey to give you an opportunity to learn patience, understanding, or perhaps empathy. It gives you an opportunity to see yourself even in someone your ego categorizes as different, less than, or not good.

The people we meet who seem special, with whom we connect instantaneously… they enter into our journey to show us we are on the right path. To show that we are creating a path for ourselves that is true to our being, to our soul, to our creativity… and connecting to people at higher levels proves this.


To read the rest of the article, you can jump over the MindBodyGreen website, here!

What do you think... are we meant to meet the people we meet?

13 comments:

  1. I definitely think we're meant to meet the people we meet... and I also think that sometimes you meet people and they disappear from your life, only to reappear later on! Maybe the impression they leave is great or small, but I believe we're all brought together for a reason... and that's really cool to think about.

    What's even cooler about this is meeting people "digitally" now... people that we'd NEVER encounter otherwise... and yet, meaningful relationships can spring out of comments or photos or whatever. Love it!

    Great question and thanks for sharing!

    --Erika
    http://www.chimerikal.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love how the internet has allowed us to connect with people that we would have never met otherwise. So neat!

      Delete
  2. I think so! I do think that we play some part in it though...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think some people do come into our lives for a reason. I've had people I really needed for a short time who came and went, but they were there when it mattered. Who knows...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always believe that everything happens for a reason.

      Delete
  4. I love this post.
    What a good question.
    yes.
    I believe that each relationship has a purpose and a season.
    Even the ones that may hurt us at times, can teach us things.
    Take what you can.
    Give what is needed.
    Be thankful in all things.
    Again. good post. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, 100%! It's always tough when going through those tough relationships, but in the end, its all for the best.

      Delete
  5. I enjoyed the post. I don't know if we're destined but it is important to put yourself out there so you can meet people. Stopping by from the Aloha Blog Hop. New follower http://georgielee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, that's something I definitely need to work on! Thanks for stopping by and following :)

      Delete
  6. Great picture for this post! I am 31, and I do a lot of contemplating and assessing life goals and stuff, too. I think we still have some time, though :). Once you get to (and a little past) 30, it doesn't seem like such a big (old) deal. Stopping by from Friend Connect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your kind words Melody! I hear your 30's are the best years of your life. While I am excited to see what lies ahead, it also scares the crap out of me!! lol :)

      Delete
  7. That is a very interesting question and I believe entirely that everyone who comes into our lives have a purpose. Too many things have happened in my life with "destiny" written all over it for me not to believe in it.

    ReplyDelete