As I am sure you have heard by now, Google has announced that they will be saying goodbye to Google Reader, effective July 1, 2013. Eeeek!
As requested, I have put together a simple tutorial to show you how to import your current Google Reader feed into Bloglovin'. Back in February, I broke up with Google Reader and had to do this myself. There were a number of steps, but its quite simple and well worth the switch!!
How to import your Google Reader feed into Bloglovin':
1. If you haven't already done so, sign up and create an account with Bloglovin'.
2. Log into your Google Reader account.
3. In Google Reader, select "Settings" and "Reader setting" -- located near the top-right corner of your browser.
4. Select the "Import/Export" tab, and export your information by clicking the "Download your data through takeout."
5. Depending on your browser, a new tab may open up.
6. Select "Downloads" and download the zip file to your computer and unzip the 8 files to a convenient location on your computer.
7. Go back into your Bloglovin account and select "Settings."
8. Scroll down toward the bottom of the page until you see the "Import" button, click the button.
9. Select "Choose File" and find the folder of files that you downloaded. The file that you want to upload is the .xml file called "subscriptions."
Side note: when I first uploaded my .xml file, I didn't think it worked, even though it did. You may just have a to wait a few moments for your subscriptions to show up.