Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Add a Kick to Your Water.


It is recommended that we are supposed to drink 8 glasses of water every day. I personally find plain water to be very boring and tasteless, and therefore do not drink anywhere close to the recommended amount, per day. *On a side note, and I am not really sure why, but if I put my water into a water bottle, I will drink it, but if its in a regular cup, I don't like the taste. Its weird right?!!

In an effort to try and improve my overall health, I would like reduce my intake of soda pop and increase my intake of H20. As an alternative to drinking plain water, a close friend suggested adding fruit to my water. What a great idea! I know during the summer I enjoy adding fresh lemon slices to my water, but never really thought much about adding oranges, pineapple, strawberries or raspberries. 

The easiest way to do this is to purchase some frozen bags of pre-cut fruit and add a few pieces into your water, just like you would with ice cubes. I think this is great because it gives your water a little fruity kick, and its healthy! It's a win-win solution!

Have you ever tried this? What's your favorite fruit to put in water? 

11 comments:

  1. New follower from the blog hop! Check me out- http://www.heruntitledblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so with you - it's so hard for me to make myself drink just plain water. I'm way better at it than I used to be, but no where near where I should be. That's such an awesome idea putting frozen fruit into your water! And I literally ALWAYS have some on hand to make smoothies with. What an amazing idea!

    xo,
    jessie

    ReplyDelete
  3. i've tried this, but sadly, i don't like fruit so (i know, it's weird) it didn't have the best taste for me. but it looks so pretty! i CAN handle lemon and lime in my water and occasionally, i will do that!

    (found your blog via wonderful wednesdays link up! now following!)
    http://quitetheblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will have to start doing this as I do not like the taste of plain water myself. Thanks for sharing. Lots of love, light & sparkles from London. xxx

    ps: I found you on the Followers to Friends Blog Party list. Stop by my page sometime: http://lovemspsychic.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this idea, and have seen a ton of versions floating around pinterest! Need to try soon, as I too have a horrible diet soda addiction! Found your blog today via Followers to Friends blog hop! I'm a new follower and can't wait to check out more of your blog and recipes! XO Bebe

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a fab idea, definitely going to give it a go!

    I'm a new follower via the blog hop, looking forward to reading more ^__^

    Heather xx

    ~+ The Glambulance +~

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks so refreshing!
    xox
    Ash@ABpetite
    http://abpetite.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. i also like lemon, but frozen fruit seems like a BRILLIANT idea!

    p.s. i just found your blog through the wonderful wednesday weekly link party and i'm your blog's newest follower!

    dash dot dotty

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loving your blog :-) I found you the Blog Hop!
    I’m your newest follower <3
    Follow back if you like:
    http://www.indefinitestyle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. lovely blog!! found you through the link party too! following!

    xox P

    phiphi's blog

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your blog; i found it on the blog working link. I struggle drinking plain water too until I discovered Mio. Now i drink water all day, you should give it a try.

    I'm following now. Check me out if you like!

    Tara

    http://tarabelle-adropofink.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete