Thursday, January 30, 2014

Food Hack // Freezing Yogurt.


I love making drinking smoothies. 

I also like to buy yogurt and let it sit in the fridge until it is past it's expiry date. I become lazy and never want to put in the effort to make them. So, the yogurt sits, and sits, and sits in the fridge. I hate wasting food, so I am surprised I never thought about his before... frozen yogurt cubes!

Such a simple solution, and a brilliant one too. Using a small ice cube tray, spoon the yogurt into each section, place in the freezer over night (until solid) and transfer into a zip-lock bag (and return to the freezer)!

Oh, and you can freeze these cubes up to 1-3 months.

7 comments:

  1. I found a mini muffin tin that's shallow several years ago, and I use it to freeze yogurt. They're perfect for the blender or for my son to hold and eat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing idea!! I'm always letting yogurt expire!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm kicking myself for not thinking of this sooner. Better late than never! :)

      Delete
  3. This is a great idea, why did I not think of this either?

    xx Kelly
    Sparkles and Shoes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a brilliant idea ... lol ... I have thrown away so much yogurt in the past because I didn't use it before its expiry date. Freezer saves the day!

      Delete
  4. I love this idea! I'm terrible for not eating things fast enough and LOVE to freeze things for smoothies!

    ReplyDelete