Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Butter Chicken.


Ingredients

1 pkg of fusion spice works butter chicken sauce mix
1 cup of milk
2 boneless and skinless chicken breasts
1/4 cup of diced onion (optional)
4 tbsp butter
basmati rice

Directions

1. Cut up chicken breasts into small pieces.

2. Stir fry chicken pieces in 4 tablespoons of butter on medium to low heat. When chicken is almost cooked, add diced onions and continue to cook until chicken no longer pink.

3. Mix half of the fusion spice works butter chicken sauce mix into 1 cup of milk.

4. Gradually whisk mixture into pan with chicken and onion; continue to whisk and bring to a boil over medium heat.

5. Reduce heat and simmer for 1 minute, whisking frequently.

6. Add to some cooked basmati rice and enjoy.

Up until maybe 2 or 3 years ago, I never would have touched rice, let alone any type of Indian dish. Rice, I never cared too much for the taste and I had this preconceived notion that I would not like the taste of butter chicken. Thankfully, my amazing boyfriend slowly introduced me to new food and now butter chicken and basmati rice is one of my favorite dinners! We have tried several different butter chicken sauces, but recently came across this fusion spice works butter chicken mix. It is by far our most favorite. I also really like how the recipe only calls for half the package of the sauce mix; for each half package, we probably get 6 meals out of it. 

Tip: we usually start cooking the basmati rice while the chicken is cooking on low heat, the rice that we make takes approximately 15 minutes to cook. 

Do you make butter chicken from scratch, or do you buy a pre-made sauce? 

2 comments:

  1. I've done both. I prefer to try to make it from scratch, but it is usually a lot quicker and easier to use a pre-made sauce. If I don't use a pre-made sauce, I've been experimenting with slow cooker recipes. That way, it can cook for ages and soak up the flavor, but still be almost as easy as using a sauce. I don't have a good butter chicken recipe, but I do have an excellent chicken korma one (that IS more complicated than putting everything into the slow cooker, but oh well.) Indian food is my favorite and I really love curry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did recently stumble upon a slow cooker recipe, and I love using my slow cooker. I will have to keep my eyes open for a good home-made recipe!!

      Delete