Sunday, August 12, 2012

Tin Can Lantern.


Since moving in with the boyfriend, I have been browsing the internet trying to find creative and inexpensive ideas to add some character around the apartment. These adorable tin can lanterns from Grow Creative are perfect for impressing your guests and illuminating your outdoor space. The best part of this DIY is that you don't need a lot to make them!


What You Need

  • recycled tin cans 
  • hammer 
  • nail 
  • bailing wire 
  • pliers 
  • spray paint 
  • tea light candle

 For instructions, jump over to Grow Creative's tutorial here


Have you ever tried to make your own tin can lanterns before? As soon as I have some spare tin cans (I guess that means I have to do some cooking!), I plan to try this DIY and put a few out on the patio! Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing this great craft!! These are so cute!! I'm a new follower who found you on the GFC hop!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rebecca! I am following you now too! :)

      Delete
  2. What a cool craft! Thanks for sharing - such easy instructions make it all the more appealing. :)

    Following from the GFC Hop and hosting a giveaway on my blog right now. Hope to see you over there!

    Claudia
    www.LashesAndBeard.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Claudia. I will definitely check out your giveaway. I'm also your newest follower! - C.

      Delete
  3. Love this idea! This is one craft I just might try. I often Pin from Pinterest many ideas or say I will try many DIY crafts. This one I am really liking.

    Following you from the blog hop. Hope you can stop by and follow back.

    Julie from Stlavolady - a cat, a girl, a man and me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it great, so glad I found it on pinterest. As soon as I use up some tin cans, I am going to attempt this DIY. Hopefully in the next week or two!

      Thanks for stopping by and following!

      Delete