Saturday, February 18, 2012

My Worst Enemy is my MEMORY.


For the past few months, I have been wondering whether I'm in the early stages of Alzheimer's Disease or something of that nature. More often than not, I am losing or forgetting something. Or, if I haven't lost or forgotten something, chances are I have managed to hurt myself. I guess I have always been like this, but it definitely seems like it has gotten worse.

I have come up with three tricks to hopefully help with my forgetfulness. 

1. Write out a checklist. During the week I live at home and on the weekends, I normally spend the weekends away at my boyfriends place. I will start to write a checklist for items that I need to bring with me so I am not making several trips back and forth -- laptop, phone charger, clothing for work, work boots, lip balm, etc. 

2. Slowdown. Working seven days a week -- two part time jobs -- I feel like I'm an overloaded vehicle, driving 100 miles per hour, down a windy road with just a loosely bound net covering all the cargo. From now on, I need to slow down, lighten the load and tighten the tarp. Perhaps by slowing down, I will also find that I don't hurt myself as often!

3. Mark one or two places where I will always set my things down. Keys, wallet, cellphone and lip balm should all be placed on a specific table every time I come home. Once I condition myself, I will see myself misplacing less things, less often.

When you have a lot on the go, what do you find helps you lose or forget less?

No comments:

Post a Comment